From now through New Year’s Day, schedules will likely be filled with family obligations like traveling and festive outings. Most likely those outings will involve tempting treats. Even the most disciplined people can find it difficult to stick to their health and fitness routines.
- Map out upcoming events, then plan and prepare yourself so you can stay on track.
- Choose low-fat options when preparing foods.
- Sign up for a holiday race with family and friends.
- Balance eating well with indulging.
- Go for a walk.
- Make sleep a priority.
- Don’t skip your regular workouts.
- Visit the Joplin Family Y for “Fitness Before the Feast” on Thanksgiving morning from 7:00 am until noon.
Establish Healthy Habits with the Y Family:
It is our mission to provide our members and communities with the resources and support they need to be healthy in spirit, mind, and body.
Joplin Family YMCA