Learn about what’s new in local health care with Freeman Health System’s online newsletter, Freeman in a Flash. Read about new doctors at Freeman, the VigiLanz Awards, the Joplin Christmas Parade, and much more below.
Freeman Pharmacy Recognized By VigiLanz as “Pharmacy of the Year”
Freeman Health System has been awarded the VigiLanz® Pharmacy Team of the Year award. This award honors our Freeman pharmacists for their significant contributions and improvements to patient care and safety at Freeman Health System.
Since implementing VigiLanz in 2018, Freeman Pharmacy has created over 650 VigiLanz rules that aid in keeping our patients healthier and safe, reducing readmission rates and saving $98,000 since January 2022.
Freeman Health System was recognized for using VigiLanz to:
- Build rules to quickly identify patients discharged with a new cardiology medication so that residents could provide appropriate medication education.
- Create data mining searches to capture MRSA screens and culture results to validate discontinuation of vancomycin.
- Identify patients with positive MRSA nasal screens that would benefit from mupirocin.
Learn more about the VigiLanz Awards here.
Dr. Tinney-Edge Joins Freeman Neosho Physician Group
Freeman Neosho Physician Group is pleased to welcome Dr. Shelby Tinney-Edge, an internal medicine physician, to its staff. A native of the Joplin area, Dr. Tinney-Edge considers Freeman home.
“I always knew I was going to come back home and help the people in my community,” Dr. Tinney-Edge said. “I felt like the physicians at Freeman Neosho Physician Group were very close knit. I liked the small town feel of Neosho, and there is a great need for primary care.”
Outside of work, Dr. Tinney-Edge enjoys spending time with her husband, Dr. Jacob Edge, and their son.
Dr. Tinney-Edge is accepting new patients at Freeman Neosho Physician Group, 336 S. Jefferson St., Neosho. To schedule an appointment, call 417.455.4200.
Read more about Dr. Tinney-Edge here.
Save My Spot
Save your spot — because feeling better shouldn’t be a waiting game.
Patients can use the Save My Spot feature on the Freeman Health System website to select a convenient time to come in.
Note: Using Save My Spot is not required to be seen in our facilities. Walk-ins are always welcome! Please check with your insurance carrier to verify coverage before your arrival. If you or someone you know is experiencing a life-threatening illness or injury, call 911 or proceed to the nearest emergency room.
Visit the Save My Spot website here.
National Health Observances in November
As you plan your Employee Wellness programs and communication, you can find resources at the Department of Health and Human Services Monthly Observances Calendar. Each month focuses on approximately three to six topics of interest. Here are just a few resources for November:
- U.S. Antibiotic Awareness Week (November 18 to November 24) is an annual observance spearheaded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that raises awareness of the threat of antibiotic resistance and the importance of appropriate antibiotic use. Use CDC’s Be Antibiotics Aware Partner Toolkit to spread the word about the importance of appropriate antibiotic use.
- See more National Health Observances for this month here.
2022 Joplin Christmas Parade “Christmas in Candy Land”
Freeman Health Systemis proud to continue our ongoing support and sponsorship of the Annual Joplin Christmas Parade. We consider this a gift to the community we are so blessed to have served for the past 97 years, and we are honored play a key role in bringing the parade to Joplin again this year.
If you would like to enter your organization or business in the Joplin Christmas Parade, be sure you get your entry form filled out as soon as possible to ensure your participation in this great community event.
Details are as follows:
- Tuesday, December 6 at 6:00 pm
- Main Street in Joplin from 15th to 2nd Street
Learn more here.
Want to Stay in the Loop?
Subscribe to Freeman in a Flash and the newsletter will be shared with you each month via email. Sign up today!