George Washington Carver National Monument presents Park Prescription Day on Saturday, April 15 from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. You are invited to get your dose of nature during this fun day. All activities are free of charge. Guided and self-guided activities will set up across park grounds. Choose from the following:
- 10:00 am, Walk With a Doc – get your heart pumping and talk with Dr. Rob McNab
- 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, Noon Zumba – build strength and increase flexibility with Zumba by Whitney
- 10:00 am – 1:00 pm, Nutrition by Bonnie – learn from nutritional health coach, Bonnie Chastain in support of a
- healthier lifestyle
- 10:00 am – 1:00 pm, Poetry at the Pond – meditate on the serene atmosphere and write poetry responses for National Poetry Month
- 10:00 am – 1:00 pm, Chalk Walk – use George Washington Carver’s quotes to spark creativity
Join us on this special day celebrated across the United States and internationally to promote the growing movement of healthcare providers referring patients to parks to improve their health and wellbeing. Park Prescription Day is free of charge, so everyone can get out and enjoy the health benefits of the great outdoors! In the event of inclement weather, activities will be moved indoors.
Administered by the National Park Service, an agency of the Department of the Interior, George Washington Carver National Monument preserves the birthplace and childhood home of George Washington Carver – scientist, educator, and humanitarian. The park is located two miles west of Diamond, Missouri on Highway V, then ¼ mile south on Carver Road. For more information, please call the park at 417.325.4151 between 9:00 am and 4:30 pm, visit the park website at www.nps.gov/gwca, or visit the park Facebook page.